Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer in the Highlands

I was gifted with a most peaceful morning after weeks of life excitement. When I woke this morning, it was unusually foggy. It always reminds me of the Highlands. Anyway, I sat by the wood stove and did the blind stitching on a quilt over my morning cup of coffee. I'm telling you, there is nothing sweeter than a few moments of peaceful fireside work.
I had to share this photo. It is of my cute little cupid statue - he might be the only non-functional gift my husband has ever given me. He has a great purpose though. He oversees my little 9,100' garden. Those pansies blooming at his feet have overwintered here twice. This photo was taken just a few days after the snow finally melted this year. My pansy was ready to bloom immediately. Mountainjoy is truly a special place. Summer is in full swing here with the columbines and paintbrush vying for glory. The beautiful beard's tongue is beginning to bloom and I've got a few orchids on the property.
Happy Summer and Happy Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment