Sunday, January 29, 2012

Busy Times Means Handwork

Taking care of my best friend has been the focus of my days for a week or so now.  Bogie was due for a shot when I noticed a lump on his leg.  At first, I thought it was an infected dew claw.  My fabulous vet didn't buy that story.  He took one look and announced "malignant tumor, let's get it out right away."  The next day, we denied Bo his breakfast (he hates that part) so he could go in for surgery.  Doc did a great job removing the pre-malignant tumor, 2 fatty Lypomas, 2 skin tags and giving the needed shot.  At about 2, my husband got a call stating "Bo says he is ready to go home now."When my husband got there, Bo was howling (and had been since he woke up). 
The receptionist was on the phone when my husband arrived and began howling back to our baby.  Bogie endeared several of the vet assistants to him with his pitiful pleas.  One of them actually crawled into the cage with Bo to try to soothe him.  I was very touched when a mutual friend shared that bit of info with me.
He is recovering well and was back to jumping around in no time.
With my very busy babysitting, chauffeur and Bo's surgery recovery, I have not been able to focus on a large project.  Therefore, I have been doing handwork.  I've got to block of the months I've been working on for a client.  They got more attention this past week, one block done for each.  I bought a little carrying case that all the pieces and sharp stuff goes into and it makes it so easy to just sew for 15 minutes while at the vet's office.  I can sew longer periods of time while the child naps but as soon as I hear him wake up, everything gets thrown in box and clasped shut real quick before I go get him from the crib.  I really like this new little system I've worked out.  It is hard to keep track of hourly time though when doing 10-15 minute stints.
Time to go make blueberry coffee cake for the blacksmiths.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment