Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Secret Sister Quilts Revealed

Here is a photo of one the quilts I made last month.  I was given the challenge to create two identical king-size quilts using my Aunt's glorious collection of Hawaiian fabrics.  They were created quite quickly too as one was to be a gift for my mother at the family reunion we just had.  These quilts commemorate the past and future trips to Hawaii that they have shared as sisters.  I am very happy with how they turned out and that I was able to keep the secret until now. 
It is very hard to keep secrets from my mom.  I just told her I was working on top secret stuff and quit calling her.  I think that is why it was extra fun to do a quilt with her on my Aunt's long arm while we were visiting.  I had missed her a lot. 
I am back home again and happy to be with my husband and animals.  I'm also really happy it finally rained here in Colorado.  I was gone for 12 days and my puppy doubled in size.  So many things to catch up on, but I've been dying to share these quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment