Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Year, New Makings

Getting through the holidays was a little tough this year.  My December was looking quite open when a friend of mine had a bad fall due to vertigo and broke her arm.  I was happy I had so much free time, because my friend had many projects going on.  I was able to help her finish a few of them.  I helped my friend create a true St. Nicholas costume in red velvety stuff that was so heavy, I couldn't imagine how her husband was going to preach in the 2 capes, stole, and miter.  He looked fabulous!

This quilt top was about halfway through being pieced when I jumped in.  I finished piecing the top, and then pieced a very intricate back.  Not sure why, that's just what happens over coffee designing sometimes.  I quilted it and even bound it for my friend.  She thought she could manage that, but I knew it would be an odd angle to hold her arm at, so I just did it.  The recipient was quite pleased of course.
It was so great to be focused on other people and helping during the holidays.  The true gift is in the giving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment