Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mountainjoy Quilting and Cooking

Mountainjoy is where nature reigns supreme and life is art. It is where a couple a simple artists enjoy all the goodness of a rustic mountain life. It is a place where Mother Nature calls the shots. During the long winter months, a need grows for warmth and comfort begins to develope. This need grows as the winds continue to howl around the cabin. What would you turn to if your only way out sometimes was a snowshoe trek of many miles?

Now, don't be misled. I love where I live and really like to take my dog snowshoeing. I have many hobbies but my favorite things to do are quilt and cook. Both hobbies fulfill the warmth and comfort quota nicely. Working on quilts through the day while good smells come from the kitchen is just about a perfect day for me. Being a chef at over 9000' elevation has it's challenges. I have figured out how to make level wedding cakes on houses whose floors defy physics. I also make a delicious woodstove stew and biscuits. I look forward to sharing my experiences and all of the things that make mountain joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment