Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Gift Giving

Almost everyone is doing something about holiday gift ideas at the moment. Thinking, purchasing, or already wrapping and being proud that you did it again. I've been busy with my web store over at Etsy.com. If you don't know about Etsy, you might be missing out. Since I discovered them, I've been really tickled. They only have handmade or vintage stuff. It's really cool! If any one wants to see my stuff, the site is: https://www.mountainjoyquiltndye.etsy.com/
Once you visit the main site, I'm sure you will add them to your favorites.
Books are one of my favorite gifts to give or recieve. Knowledge is the gift that keeps giving. I've learned so many things from books. Once, a friend asked how I'd learned to quilt like I do. I said I read a book. Her rather wry final comment was that, "You must read better than me." So, if you read and want to try a something new, here are some books to check out. Just clink on the links on the sidebar to read more about these books.

The Art of Cake Decorating , Create Professional Cakes at Home for Fun & Profit
This is a great book for begginers and beyond. You don't even need to know how to bake. Just get decorating for the holidays. Learn how to impress everyone, yourself included.

Herb Gardening for Fun & Profit is also wonderful. A How-to garden guide that also comes with four other bonus books. This is an incredible deal for anyone wanting to learn the basics. They are also perfect for making your favorite gardener and book collector pleased.

Enjoy the holiday shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment