Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Seed of Life Quilts


This is perhaps the most elegant quilt I've made to date. It was a commissioned piece a few years ago, one of several actually. The person this quilt was going to liked purple, Louisiana, and the fleur-de-lis. Given that information, this is the quilt I created. The fabrics were all dyed by my husband at my command. The Seed of Life is a prominent center piece surrounded by yards of purple knot work and dark purple Louisiana Iris. The outer knot work border was designed to look like fleur-de-lis wrought iron fence tops to further induce the feel of Louisiana. At the moment, I forget just how many yards of Celtic knot work I sewed onto this quilt (my husband thinks it was miles). Truly, I was proud of this one for coming out more beautiful than I had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment