Sunday, June 13, 2010

Iris & Hummingbirds









Here are some photos from Mountainjoy this past week. Our native iris, Iris missouriensis, opened up. The many feet of snow all winter did no damage to the brown seed pods still standing upright. These flowers show us that delicate beauty can grow in harsh environments. The little humming bird has been spending the last few days perched on the bike wire. It is up on our porch and out of the rain. He is such a cute little ruby red-throat, just hanging on the sheltered porch and getting a sip from the feeder on occasion.
This has been a design week for me in my quilt world. I am working on some pantographs and a quilt for a friend's wedding. Not much has gotten done honestly. I have been choosing to spend time with my friends as they are faced with making difficult health decisions. Work is exceedingly important to me and yet so is friendship. Friendship is winning this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment