Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Purple Practice Piece

This weeks quilt was a lesson in re-learning what to quilt on my husband's stars/flowers. I always try to follow the lines. Well, in tie-dye, things flow and the lines are not that clear. I had to remember to do my own thing and just go for it. My quilt lines add too and enhance his designs, creating something more than either of us could do alone. My husband has always said that my quilting turns his 'pop art' into 'fine art'. I love great collaborations!

The wildflowers have begun making their appearances this past week. The long awaited nice season is finally here! I will be sharing photos of my favorites as the bloom.

Now for my preaching of the week: Be so very thankful for your health and your friends. You never know when something could go terribly wrong. I have a dear friend that was hospitalized this week. It just made me realize (once again) how precious life, friendship, and love truly is. No matter how busy we think we are, there is always time for friends. Why not reach out to some of your friends today and tell them how they enrich your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment