Friday, October 22, 2010

Winter Has Arrived

Well, I had a lovely winter day here at Mountainjoy. The snow finally started falling in big, wet flakes from the grey sky. I enjoyed it immensely looking out the studio windows as I quilted. Dancing along to celtic music with my long arm sewing machine is so much fun. I made a table runner and placemats out of some gorgeous materials. They are to go on my Etsy site soon. I am trying to prep for the upcoming holiday season.
With the beautiful day I was given, I also decided to make split pea soup and fresh Challah bread for dinner tonight. I guess that truly means winter is here officially. The wood stove has been fed all day and it is going to be a cozy night.
On the wildlife scene, last weekend we had a mountain lion wake us at four in the morning. It was in our yard screaming with all its might. It circled the house and came right by the bedroom door. We listened to it shivering in our skins with all the animals up in bed with us. It went on for about ten minutes and then wondered off further into the woods. Wow, that was exciting. Have you ever heard a mountain lion's scream? I assure you, that it is an unnerving sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment