Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Confessions of an Overquilter

This long arm quilting is the shizzle! I've been at it since March and I still can't believe how much fun it is. Most things this much fun are illegal. I can lay down hundreds of stitches per minute with great accuracy and ease. This is what is leading me to my confession. I can't stop sometimes. Even if I plan a quilt to be lightly quilted, I just keep laying down stitches. I am happy with the work, it looks good. But does a baby quilt need over 20,000 stitches? I mean really, it will hold together with less. Quilting has taught me patience, maybe it is time to learn moderation.
I have been growing my quilting service business the last few weeks. It is coming along nicely. The junk you get in your email when you advertise on craigslist is phenominal. It will be worth it though if I get a few clients through it. I lost my DSL connection for a few days there. I was completely at a loss. I never thought I would get that used to (and need) my Internet connection. It is time for me to be listing on Etsy and promoting my business. I am so glad I am hooked up again. It isn't like I truly missed anything, I just feel better knowing I can reach into cyber space when I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment