Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Quilt Showers

At the beginning of the week, I thought I had a lot of free time coming.  It turns out that I don't like free time anymore.  I just don't know what to do with it.  So, instead of relaxing the past 4 days, I went on a marathon of getting stuff done.  Are you curious what is possible in a weekend?
Well, it started with whipping up a quilt top for my friend's baby that I just got to meet.  I was going to quilt it over the weekend, but the best laid plans.....     
On Friday, I got a call with an emergency quilt and a non-need-now quilt.  I received a huge package in the mail of quilts to do from a second client, and a third client called and said she's pulling together an order for me of I don't know how many quilts!  In one day, I think I got over a dozen quilts to do.  Wow!!!!
I did my taxes on Saturday-always so much fun for the math challenged.  Speaking of math challenged, I still feel I need to send my 9th grade geometry teacher an apology quilt for all the arguments we had over the applicable uses of geometry.  I'll never forget those heated discussions with Fruiti.
I should get off the computer now and do that emergency quilt.  It is best to stay on top of things these days I think.  That way my free time can turn into good times!!!!  I have to clean the house really good this week in preparation for Seder and a visit from my mother-in-law.  She has tried to visit a few times earlier this spring but had to cancel once for her own reasons and then we had to cancel because we were snowed in.  There is no snow now (or sadly, any sign of snow), so it safe for a visit.  My mother-in-law is wonderful, I really do love her dearly.  (I am writing this because it is the truth, not because I know she reads my blog!)  She is such a hoot, I can't wait for the visit.
I hope everyone has a lovely April.  Keep quilting, cooking, and crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment