Sunday, March 25, 2012







Here is a photo of the most recently finished quilt.  I nicknamed the "Sage King".  A client sent 2 queen size kits and asked me to make a king size with some pillowcases to match.  Easy enough. Well, something must have happened to my math skills (never strong to begin with) when I was doing this quilt.  I don't know why I can piece really complicated stuff with ease and then  really mess up on the "simple" ones.  Yes, the quilt pattern was really easy, I just don't know why I become an idiot at times.  I will not disclose to anyone how much time I spent working backwards as that is never something to boast about.  In the end, however, I did finish with a beautiful quilt and pillowcases that I can be proud of.


 Golly, I do have 2 cats!  It's hard to remember at times when they are just black fuzzballs running through the house.  The brothers spent a nice afternoon keeping me company recently.  When I say nice, that means they weren't brawling with one another for a change.  I was watching them give each other a nice bath the other day which quickly turned into an "I've got you pinned by the neck little brother" scene. These are two of gentlest yet fiercest cats I've ever seen.  Luckily, the big brother is incredibly smart for a cat and even speaks English pretty good.  He keeps his dumb-as-a-post younger brother in line.  These guys were found very young in a dumpster and I fear the smaller one will never be warm enough or full enough, regardless of the fact that he is almost as big as his brother now.
Spring definitely looks like it has arrived.  Most of the snow we got is gone and it is unusually warm.  I get to go back to gardening iris at Long's Gardens tomorrow.   It will be nice to be surrounded my friends and flowers again.  It was wonderful to have made it through the winter on my quilting skills and I have every hope that I will continue to grow as a quilter.  I have new ideas in my head right now for a new line of quilts that I want to make.  We'll see how long it will take this procrastinator to get things going.

No comments:

Post a Comment