Sunday, September 9, 2012

Open Studio

Here is my gorgeous, sunlit studio going back together again.  I am so happy when I walk into my studio now, it is like walking into dripping golden honey without getting sticky.  My husband did such a good job and learned enough about laying flooring to do the back half of the house sometime.  A friend gave us some great oak flooring that was reclaimed from either a church or school in Kansas.  That is a project for another time though.
I am readying the studio for the 1st Annual Gilpin County Artist Open Studio Tour which is this next weekend.  I am very excited about opening my studio and sharing my love of quilting with anyone who wants to take a drive into the mountains to catch the aspens changing and some great artwork.  There are 17 people on the tour and I am quite honored to have been invited to participate.
If you live locally and would like a map, contact me for one.  I will gladly respond to all serious inquiries.
I have never looked forward to winter before like I am this year.  We have lots of firewood and I have a good deal of quilt work to get me through.  Not to mention, I get to work in the space above with the wood-stove blazing and the snow falling outside.  The dogs and I will have a lot of fun snow-shoeing too!

5 comments:

  1. Do you still have any flower/seed of life quilts for sale? I saw your post about one and it being on an "etsy" site but I see no link to such a site on the post or the description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thanks for your interest. I have the Fire Seed for sale still. It is currently hanging at the Gilpin County Library while I am part of the Artist Open Studio Tour. It is the super bright red one and if not sold, I will get it back Sept 26th. I could make one tailored to your style and colors though, it is one of my favorites. Sincerely, Rebeccah of Mountainjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply, I would be totally interested in either, but what are the prices going to run?

      Delete
  3. The red Fire Seed is a smaller quilt as I go. It is only about 60-70" square and can be used as a throw quilt or a wall hanging (it has attached hang sleeve). This smaller one that I have had for years waiting for the right person is priced at $275.
    Queen-king size designed for individuals start at $1200 and go up if the Celtic knot work is really complex.
    Thank you again for your interest and I hope to hear from you again,I love spreading the Seeds of Life around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky the floor looks amazing! What a lovely studio space you've got. I can't wait until we can get up there to visit you guys.

    ReplyDelete