Sunday, March 18, 2012

Human Again

Another week of blowing my nose and coughing has gone by.  I am feeling better though!  I had the most fabulous quilting day last Friday.  It was the type of day when everything just comes together with ease.  You know those ones?  A day when you accomplish a lot and do not feel stressed, worried, rushed, or any other negative feelings. A day when everything just flows on beautiful, warm & sunny rays of light.  
I designed and drew a new pantograph, loaded the king size quilt, and even got halfway through the actual quilting.  Now, this was the first time I decided to baste the quilt pieces to the leader by machine sewing instead of pinning.  I think I saved myself some time.  The really great thing was that I had a perfectly loaded quilt without the finger or back pain!  What was surprisingly super-awesome fun was using my seam ripper to unload the quilt in a matter of 2 minutes!!!!! 
We had a great boiled corn beef, cabbage, and potato dinner last night with 6 friends.  I made a yummy apple pie and a new version of soda bread.  This was a basic white soda bread recipe but I tweaked it with rolled oats and malted barley extract.  It came out with great flavor and though it was a little dense, I received no complaints from the crowd.  
The snow is melting rapidly.  I have heard some new songbirds returning.  I even saw some moths outside the other evening.  Spring is making its presence known to my soul.  Even though they are calling for more snow, I have been given hope again that the drifting winds will cease to blow someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment