Monday, March 5, 2012

Sleeping next to the fire has been a popular activity recently.  We managed to capture this photo early one morning.  I don't think the dog even knows he is using the cat a pillow.  Can you see the tail sticking up out of the sleeping bag?  That is Loki's tail.  I rescued to boy brother cats and of the two, Loki is the one that thinks he is a dog.  In fact, his nickname is Big Dog. 
It is hilarious how this cat treats our dog, who could eat the cat if he felt like it!  Luckily, I trained the dog into a sense of brotherhood/part of pack mentality with the cats.  So, Bo mostly puts up with it when Loki cleans him.  The funniest though is when Loki does what we now refer to as a "drive-by".  Let me set the scene for you.  The dog is standing in the middle of a room looking to the humans for attention(biscuits).  It is a quiet and still moment.  All of sudden (from another room usually)  there is a flash of black as Loki runs in, jumps up and gives Bo 2 smacks to the nose or chest!  It is always with a closed paw, no claws are out or I'd have gotten Bo Doggles a long time ago.  Loki finishes this acrobatic feat with a jump down and a look at Bo that says, "Yeah, you're mine!".  Humans and dog are usually too stunned to do anything but laugh and wonder at the cat's audacity.
Me and My Brothers under the Huppah
I've been working away on quilts, some for clients and some even for me.  I have been finishing up our wedding quilts.  When we married in 2007, my husband tie-dyed many things for the event.  The first was my wedding dress - it was so pretty and I was so proud not to have achieved that homemade dorky look.  He dyed the shirts for my brothers to wear, (my husband was dashing in a western morning coat with tails). He also tie-dyed our Huppah covering and lots of fabric for people to sign.  Well, 4 years later, I now have a queen-sized quilt made from the Huppah and a wall quilt that incorporated all of the guest's well wishes for our future into a dahlia pattern.  And it's all in the colors of my wedding!  What a way to remember a great day! I'll post photos soon (I still need to bind the wall quilt). 

No comments:

Post a Comment