Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Visitors


This past week, Mountainjoy saw several unexpected visitors. Four of them were dear friends that appeared earlier than we thought. It was wonderful to get to be with our friends. When you live way off the beaten track, it takes friends a great deal of effort to find you. We are so happy when they do. The older I get, the more I realize how important it is to hold on to my friends.

Some new friends that came by were three huge moose! Some people don't realize or believe that we have moose here in Colorado, but we do. These three came through the yard the other day while I was dancing in my living room. Halfway through a spin, I came around to see a big moose butt bounding off right in front of the window. He was the small, young one. The two much larger ones were not far off. They might have been mom and dad moose. The largest did have a nice rack and I could not see the third all that clearly. I grabbed my camera and ran out into the blizzard to take some photos for proof. I know better than to get off my porch when filming moose, bears, mountain lions, etc. So please, forgive the fact that this is not a great picture, just proof that moose were in my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment