Monday, April 12, 2010

Less is More, Sometimes

I am a hermit, I'll admit. In the winter months, it's even hard for me to leave the house to see what's new in the world. That is one of the reasons I discovered I liked the Internet. When isolated up here, my quilt designs get very complex. Massive and intricate visions of color and fabric dance in my head. They are beautiful to imagine. I have so many complicated quilts in my head, they will never all get done.
When I went to Washington state, it was an eye-opening experience. Not only was the scenery incredible, the quilt shops I saw were inspiring as well. I saw many very simple yet subtly beautiful quilts displayed. Quick and easy patterns were done in wonderful color arrangements. It taught me that not every quilt needs to be intricate and complex to be a beautiful statement.
Why not celebrate national quilt day (April 18th) with making up a quick and simple quilt in your most favorite colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment