Sunday, April 25, 2010

Seed of Life Quilts


The Seed of Life is an ancient and universal design. It employs sacred geometry and is said to represent all life here on this beautiful planet of ours. It was introduced to me by my first quilt client as the Flower of Life. For that quilt, I used only the center (The SEED) and did it in Mardi Gras colors. It was applique piecework and surrounded by Celtic knotwork. I have created many versions of this design. Most have the Seed in the center and Celtic knotwork around the borders. This one is the most recent version and up for sale on my Etsy site(hence the digital photo). I will be sharing the other versions also. I just need to scan them and fiddle with the sizes. The quilts are quite different from each other because of the colors and techniques employed during their construction. I learned something new with each version. I also learned how to make my husband tie-dye the design so I wouldn't have to applique it any more. That really speeds up the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment