Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quilt Pics


I have set some demanding goals for myself this month. I am working on either un-impressive or as-yet-secret quilts. I will share these projects with you all in due time. Meanwhile, I thought I would share some photos of quilts I have made.
This one is the perfect example of what my husband and I create together. He tie-dyes the stars and flowers and fabrics for me. I design the Celtic knotwork and put it all together as a quilt. My husband believes that I turn his pop-art into fine art. He attended Skidmore College. We were very proud when this quilt hung at the Tang Museum of Art in Saratoga Springs, NY for the Skidmore Alumni showing.
It was made in less than a month I believe. Well, by the time he finished making the stars to his satisfaction, I had one week to apply the knotwork and quilt it. I worked on it for 16 or so hours a day. He was at least a very nice guy to cook every meal that week. This quilt is now in the personal collection of one my best fans.
The snow is starting to melt rather quickly here at Mountainjoy. I so look forward to the spring and summer up here. The carpet of columbines can always make me forget the winter's 10' drifts and howling winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment