Monday, December 14, 2009

Cakes in the Mail

A few years ago, I moved away from Colorado for a little while. I'm still not sure what we were thinking. Anyway, while we were gone, I decided to keep the tradition of making one of my dear friend's birthday cakes. I made the strongest chocolate cake I could and put it in the freezer. The next day, it got mailed overnight in the middle of summer. It still tasted wonderful. The gooey mass that arrived was greatly appreciated and stories of it's fame continue. It really usually is the thoughtfulness of a gift that touches people. Now that I live way up in the mountains again, I have learned to appreciate mail-order food.
Bake Me A Wish is the perfect place to find cakes. If you can't be with your loved ones for the holidays, you can still send them a gourmet cake. This New York bakery is a wonderful find. They carry Angela Logan's Mortgage Apple Cake and they also have programs to deliver cakes to soldiers. I only advertise for company's that I believe make a difference. This truly is such a company. When you order cakes from Bake Me a Wish, they come beautifully boxed and with full guarantees. No mistakes like in my story. They have a fabulous selection of classic flavors and make Viennese coffee cakes as well. Check out their link and send cakes to someone you love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment