Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quilting Gallery


This quilt was the one that was designed by my brother, pieced by my mother, and quilted by me. This close up shows just how, when combined all aspects add together to make a complete whole that is so much more than its components. It was already beautiful when I received it to quilt. The large open spaces begged to be filled though. Heavy quilting added dimension and depth to an already magnificent piece. I was so happy to be a part of its creation. I tend to be a "lone" quilter, yet the pieces I have created with others are some of my best.
When quilters get together, we feed off each others inspirations. I have found a web site that will feed us all. It is a fabulous resource with a quilting gallery, weekly contests, a directory of quilting stores and bloggers, and so much more. If you are a quilter, you absolutely have to click on the link to visit their web site. I did and got so wrapped up in it, I've lost half a day of work. Good thing quilt research kind of qualifies as work, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your very kind words about my site. I'm glad you found it a useful resource. Sorry you've lost your morning exploring. :)

    Cheers,
    Michele
    Quilting Gallery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele rocks! her Quilting Gallery got me to try my hand at a quilting project when I had never quilted before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks fantastic. I'd love to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete