Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Honesty in Marketing

I have been looking for a job since October. It gets depressing fairly quickly. Recently, I ventured forth again, searching with renewed gusto. I had a great lead off of Craigslist for an office position. After getting my hopes again and spending a good deal of time at applying, I find out it is bogus company and there are other hopeful girls like me that were ensnared. After a little thought, I decided it was an affiliate marketing scam.

Being an affiliate marketer myself, I find this practice abhorrent! These people were wasting time of others who are working hard to find work. That is just pitiful. I am truly disgusted by the way people prey on one another. The lies and deceitfulness has become increasingly tricky. I am an advertiser. My integrity demands that I only promote products or companies that I agree with. It also demands that I be completely honest, which is not a great trait for the marketing field. I believe that if the products are exceptional, there is no need to make anything up. I simply let people know my favorite new things and links to get there. I do receive commission on sales. Marketing is not my money-maker though. I just started because winters are really hard up here and this is a fun way to learn computer skills. I also get to talk to the world on this blog site. So, I'll leave today by telling the world about the incredibly delicious looking Valentine's Day collections that Vosges Chocolates have put together this year. They are featuring: The Sweet Coquette collection - an aphrodisiac truffle collection

The Love Tower - full of exotic truffles and caramel toffee

Bapchis's Caramel Toffee Heart - caramel toffee tucked into a purple heart (my favorite!)

Le Chocolate & Rose Truffles - dark chocolate champagne truffles rolled in a rose bud poudre The Gatsby Collection - an elegant collection of truffles swirled with champagne and topped with red rose petals

So, follow the link for fabulous chocolates to send to your loved ones this Valentine's Day.

Enjoy the day, spread the love, and always be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment